Thursday 9 January 2014

UK Tribes

What is UK Tribes?
 
UK Tribes was created by Channel 4 and Crowd DNA 4 years ago, it is a study of British Youth Culture.
 
 
To visit the UK Tribes website you can do so by clicking here.
 
Below is an image of what the UK Tribes identified in 2013, this is what represents the British Youth Culture.  There are five main segments that the UK Tribe split them up in and these are Mainstream, Alternative, Leading Edge, Urban and Aspirant. Smaller groups are surrounding these main groups as well.
 
 
 
 
I went onto YouTube and had a look at some of the UK Tribes videos, I have embedded a few. The first one is about being Mainstream, I found it interesting that they said that all teenagers first start of being in the Mainstream Tribe, I didn't think this was the case. I agree what they say about being Mainstream it is all about fitting it and I have noticed certain trends developing on the highstreet.





The second video I looked at was where they talk about the Urban segment. I was interested to see what they said about this and most things they said were accurute that they do sell T-Shirts, and they're not afraid to do some grafting also the type of music that they listen to.
 
 


 
Another video that I looked at was, the Leading Edge segement. On some things I was quite suprised what was said, on others I wasn't. The one thing that I wasn't suprised about was the fact that they are very cultural and they like making their own musics and some of that is mainly guiter. The thing that I was suprised about was that they are looking for inspiration and that they are plugged in and connected. I didn't know this and i was suprised.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment